Bengaluru, IndiaAnd May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – Indusface, a leading application security SaaS company that continually detects security risks, provides real-time protection, and improves the performance of websites and applications, today announced the addition of risk-based API protection to its WAAP platform, AppTrana.
APIs are the lifeblood of the digital economy, with many companies adopting an API approach first. However, the growth of APIs is also opening up new risk vectors that we are unaware of. According to Gartnermore than 90% of applications have an exposed attack surface per API compared to a UI, and by 2022, API abuse will move from a non-redundant attack vector to a recursive attack vector, leading to data breaches for enterprise web applications.
Do you love cryptocurrencies and want to start trading? The eToro platform allows you to trade over 60 different cryptocurrencies!
Indusface revolutionizes API security by leveraging API protection capabilities. The company does this by protecting API comprehensive yet by extending its risk-based approach in the same way.
in this subject, Ashish TandonFounder and CEO of IndusfaceHe said, “AppTrana’s risk-based approach is unique and resonates with our customers. What customers really care about is how well their applications are protected based on the risk state of their applications. Building on that, we are now improving our API protection capabilities with Provide a risk-based approach to API security that we believe will revolutionize the market.This way, customers will be able to identify vulnerabilities in their public APIs and quickly relate how to protect them through API-specific and positive security policies implemented in AppTrana, which provides the most comprehensive protection for APIs. »
As with all types of security, you can only protect what you know, and protection is only as strong as the weakest link. The main challenges with APIs are detection and the ability to understand the context of the API so that security can be adapted accordingly. To meet these challenges, Indusface is strengthening AppTrana’s API protection. Collectively, through a multi-step approach, customers can discover APIs, understand the risk situation, and provide comprehensive API protection.
With Indusface AppTrana Risk based API protection, you get:
- Understand the API risk situation through unlimited automated API scans, including manual testing to identify weaknesses in business logic. This allows the organization to understand the weakest links in the APIs and have a clear view of how those links are protected.
- Seeing into API traffic patterns and detecting dummy APIs, so you’re no longer surprised by what you don’t know
- API protection with API-specific rules written specifically to protect against the 10 biggest OWASP API vulnerabilities
- Behavioral protection against DDoS attacks on APIs through API traffic pattern analysis
- Behavioral protection against BOT . attacks
- Positive security for APIs by scanning Swagger files (OpenAPI 2.0) and creating automated positive security policies
- Accurate, real-time display of vulnerabilities blocked by API-specific rules, positive security policies, custom rules, and those that require in-app patching
AppTrana API Security is available to all customers who have subscribed to Premium and Enterprise plans. To learn more, please see the resources below:
- Indusface AppTrana Protection API click here
- Blog – Risk Based API Protection click here
- Proactive and comprehensive API protection
- “Only legitimate traffic to your website with API protection”
See what other customers are saying here.
Indusface is a leading application security SaaS company that secures the web, mobile applications, and critical APIs for more than 3,000 global customers using its award-winning platform that integrates web application inspection, web firewall applications, DDoS attack reduction, BOT and CDN, and an intelligence engine threats.
Indusface is funded by Tata Capital Growth Fund II, the only vendor named Gartner Peer Insights™ Customer Choice in all seven parts of the WAAP (Web Application and API Protection) Voice of the Customer Report 2022, he SaaS Certified Products Company “Great Place to Work”, PCI, ISO27001, SOC 2, GDPR certified and has received many prestigious awards from startups such as Economic Times Top 25, NASSCOM DSCI Top Security Company, Deloitte Asia Top 100, among others.